This week, we are talking about the Justice of the Peace elections for Beaumont. We talk to a sitting judge in Jasper county, Daniel Whitton, to explain what the Justice of the Peace actually does and then we hear from the candidates themselves – Annette Reedy and Benjamin Collins.
* JP refuses to perform same-sex marriage and the Texas Legislature’s low key approval of that action. While both of those articles are a bit older, here’s a more recent profile about the same issue.
* Fair Housing and the LGBT community and general tenant defenses to evictions in Texas
* One of those think pieces about echo chambers I told you about. And another one, just for good measure.
* VIDEO: Ted Talk – How to have better political conversations
* PODCAST: I love you, but I hate your politics
* PODCAST: Pansuit Politics – 2 women, one from the left and the other from the right, come together to talk about national headlines with no shouting, no insults, and plenty of nuance.